- First point of contact for organisations that want to advertise volunteering opportunities
- Regular communication with registered organisations to understand upcoming opportunities and student participation, e.g., following -up to establish volunteer numbers from Leicester
- Updating contact information and encouraging registered organisations to maintain key information themselves
- Creating resources and information to support organisations’ registration of opportunities
- Keep the rest of the Opportunities Team informed of changes to processes, or projects, to ensure good collaboration and support.
- Maintain regular contact with the University led Volunteering Team, working closely with the Volunteering Project Manager and Co-ordinator to support institutionally led activities and reporting
- Daily review of registered opportunities
- Collect and verify:
- Public Liability Insurance for registered organisations
- Risk Assessment for registered volunteer roles
- Volunteer Policy from registered organisations
- Charity status of registered organisations
- Cross reference vacancy with University and Student Union policies
- Review suitability of volunteering activities being promoted by the organisation to ensure these are in keeping with the Union’s values
- See responses from registered organisations where questions or concerns are raised about volunteering opportunities
- To provide guidance and support to Students’ Union Officers on the delivery of projects and outputs that concern student volunteering
- Point of contact for student enquiries about volunteering. management of SUVolunteering e-mail)
- Maintaining and developing the Volunteering Hub webpages to ensure this information is updated and clear about how and where volunteering opportunities can be accessed
- Develop networking opportunities for students, groups, elected officers, staff and external experts to support student volunteering and fundraising
- Encouraging use of the Volunteering Hub and helping student to log their activity and hours
- Administration and delivery of agreed fundraising and volunteering campaigns. Examples include RAG Week and National Student Volunteering Week.
- Maintain excellent communication with Deputy Student Opportunities Manager regarding volunteering events being planned and larger projects taking place on and off campus.
- Supporting volunteering priorities and projects highlighted by the Activities Officer
- Development contact for the Activities Team which will involve meeting with student groups to support their development of volunteering
- Supporting collaborative projects between the Students’ Union and University
- Work with SU marketing team and the University’s student communications team to promote the volunteering portal, and volunteering opportunities more broadly
- Attending events (e.g., Annual Freshers’ Fair, Festival of Careers) to promote the volunteering portal and volunteering opportunities more broadly
- Work with the Marketing team to effectively promote volunteering and fundraising opportunities to the full membership of the Students’ Union
- Monthly reporting of volunteering data captured by the Volunteering Portal. Examples include, but not be limited to:
- No. of organisations registered
- No. of live volunteering opportunities
- No. of students participating
- No. of volunteering hours
- Keep the Deputy Manager of the Opportunities Team informed about volunteering updated on these same figures when requested to support reporting to Executive Officers and Trustee board.
Health and Safety
Be aware of, and at all times comply with, all relevant policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including fire safety arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, etc.
The post-holder will:
- Be required at all times to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, contractors, external stakeholders and all other individuals they come into contact within the course of their duties.
- To maintain up to date records of activity in line with GDPR
- Maintain at all times any confidential or sensitive information they are privy to in the course of their duties, which must not be shared with any unauthorised person unless expressly permitted to do so.
- Conform at all times to LSU Policies and Procedures with close attention being paid to Equal Opportunities and Equality & Diversity.
- Be flexible and adaptable where necessary in order to meet the ongoing service needs of LSU.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required by the Director of Membership Services.
To apply for this position please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter, to SU-Vacancies@leicester.ac.uk, explaining how your experience and skill-set makes you the best candidate for the position.
In your email, please include the Job Title you are applying for and be sure to submit your application before the stated deadline.