This role sits within Opportunities who support societies and sport clubs. You will be a point of contact for student groups and their elected committees in regards to support and Union processes. The whole team provides this service with coordinators taking a lead on certain areas. This role would focus primarily on groups related to topics like fundraising, sustainability, and campaigns.
- Along with the team, coordinate and facilitate training to student groups whether to specific groups or committees in general.
- Manage, mentor and provide support for student groups within your remit such as supporting with fundraising and making change positive change in the student community alongside the student group area.
- Create and maintain administration systems to keep track of fundraising and changes made by your relevant groups.
- Work with the Activities, and Sports, Officers of the Union to achieve their manifesto goals and keep them informed of activities from the relevant groups so they can report on this effectively in board meetings, for instance.
- Work with the Activities Officer on the Union’s own environmental action plan and supporting sustainability to set good practice for groups and students.
- Keep up to date on best practice in the higher education sector. This would include looking at other Student Unions and youth organisations on how to best support groups in activities like fundraising and campaigns.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships by working with key stakeholders including university staff, external organisations, and community related to groups you support.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of a range of events to encourage engagement from students in fundraising and making positive change for students in the community. This may include student group projects, or national awareness campaigns like Movember and RAG (Raising and Giving) Month.
- Work with staff in and outside of the team to plan and deliver Union wide events. This includes those such as Union Awards, Welcome Week, and Open Days with the university.
- Update and maintain relevant sections of the Students’ Union website
- To providing support and relevant guidance to Student Staff working within the Activities Team.
Health and Safety
- Be aware of, and at all times comply with, all relevant policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including fire safety arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, etc.
- Be required at all times to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, contractors, external stakeholders and all other individuals they come into contact with in the course of their duties.
- Maintain at all times any confidential or sensitive information they are privy to in the course of their duties which must not be shared with any unauthorised person unless expressly permitted to do so.
- Conform at all times to LSU Policies and Procedures with close attention being paid to Equal Opportunities and Equality & Diversity.
- Be flexible and adaptable where necessary in order to meet the ongoing service needs of LSU.
- Carry out any other reasonable duty requested of them as appropriate within the parameter of their role.
To apply for this position please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter, to SU-Vacancies@leicester.ac.uk, explaining how your experience and skill-set makes you the best candidate for the position.
In your email, please include the Job Title you are applying for and be sure to submit your application before the stated deadline.