An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the University of Stirling Students’ Union as Sports Development Coordinator to plan, coordinate and deliver comprehensive sports development programmes, in conjunction with the Sports President. You will manage and develop the Sports Administrator. You will also support sports union members, with particular focus but not exclusively, in the areas of Club Development, Participation, Health and Wellbeing and Finance & Funding in line with our vision to ‘Make Students Lives Better’.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our Membership Services division. You’ll be driven, using your initiative to support a wide range of organisational initiatives, programmes and projects. Specific duties of the role include:
- Strategic approach to development and delivery of BUCS, ensuring improvement and effective use of funding.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan (actions, targets, responsibilities and resources).
- Increase club membership and participation.
- Ensure clubs are accessible and inclusive to all participants.
- Contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures as required, in collaboration with other Coordinators.
- Design and deliver training for committee members of Sports Clubs.
- Effectively engage students and provide ongoing support and assistance where appropriate.
- Coordinate and deal with member discipline and complaints, contributing to effective process development.
- Assist in the recruitment of coaches to ensure quality of sports provision within clubs.
Participation & Engagement
- Work in partnership with the University to provide opportunities for students to engage in physical activity and sports.
- Work closely with the Student Sport Development Officer on participation programmes for recreational sport.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with external partners, (BUCS, SSS, Community Clubs and National Governing Bodies) to increase the range, and quality of sports provision and coaching services provided.
- Work with BUCS, SSS and National Governing bodies to promote volunteering opportunities.
- To monitor, evaluate and report on club activities and identify opportunities for growth.
- To be a mentor on the panel of the Tier 2 programme.
Health & Wellbeing
- Promote and evaluate student wellbeing through engagement with student sport and club activity.
- Plan and take forward projects and campaigns that aim to use physical activity and sport as a method of improving Health & Wellbeing whilst positively impacting on the student experience.
- Engage with Union, University and national campaigns and initiatives for establishing healthy and resilient student communities.
- Embed innovative practices in engaging sports members with sustainability opportunities.
Finance & Funding
- Working with Sports President and Finance Manager to ensure club funds are managed appropriately.
- Oversee the effective running of the Sports Union budget.
- Responsibility for administration of funding requests for Coaches and Capital Equipment.
- In collaboration with Union colleagues deliver signature sports events such as Sports Ball and Varsity.
- Work with Stakeholders on the Kit Tender process.
Interviews will be held Monday 18th December 2023
For further information, please visit www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/recruitment where you will find job description/person spec and equality monitoring form.
To apply for the position, please send a CV and covering letter, along with an equality monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org