A vacancy has arisen in the Brookes Union team for an experienced HR professional (CIPD level 3). This role is part-time (21 hours/week or 0.6FTE), we are open to flexible, term-time only and other part-time requests.
Brookes Union is a positive work environment; we are a high-performing, inclusive organisation, delivering impactful results for our members. Based in our Support Services Team, this role plays a key role in delivering this objective through our People & Culture plan. We're looking for someone with a strong understanding of how to deliver a high-quality employee experience, with experience of developing and delivering collaborative HR projects and culture change-initiatives across an organisation.
The main responsibility of this role is to ensure that our career staff, student staff and full time Officer employee journey from recruitment and selection to exit is positive and in line with our organisational values. If this sounds like your jam, please get in touch!
What's it like to work at Brookes Union?
We are a progressive, friendly, and inclusive workplace - we like to set challenging goals and give people the tools they need to get the job done how they think it should be done. We’re an organisation where our team trust, support and respect each other. Here’s some key stats from our 2023 staff engagement survey:
- My manager trusts and respects me (94% agree)
- I am provided with the support and tools necessary to do my job effectively (94% agree)
- Colleagues trust and respect each other (88% agree)
- I am able to work flexibly when appropriate (88% agree)
- 28 days annual leave plus 2 ‘duvet days’ a year
- Flexible working environment for a great work-life balance
- 13 Bank Holidays and closure days
- Staff loans for travel, rental deposits and other necessities up to £1,000
- Individual & professional learning and development opportunities
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Allowance for eye check-ups and glasses
- 6 weeks' fully paid parental leave; 13 weeks' fully paid and 13 weeks half pay maternity leave
- Volunteering & study days available
- 3 months' fully paid sickness leave and 3 months half pay within a 12 month period
- On-site nursery and subsidised gym provided by the University
- Free bike repairs on site weekly (pay for parts only)
If there's a benefit you'd like to see that isn't listed here then we're very open to ideas!
Sound good to you?