BCUSU is recruiting for a Head of Engagement to join our Senior Management Team and lead departments related to: Advice, Representation and Societies.
You’ll be joining our organisation at a pivotal time for progression, the University have just appointed a new Vice Chancellor, and our new Chief Executive has outlined plans for a strategic refresh. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to influence the future direction of BCUSU as we develop our strategy over the next 6 months.
Your role will support the Students’ Union in developing a strong programme of academic representation and support, maximising opportunities to grow trust in collective decision-making. The position is key to building confidence within the student body and the University.
You’ll support elected Officers to effectively enact their annual objectives, securing positive change on campus, in BCUSU, and the local community. As a member of BCUSU’s Senior Management Team you’ll also contribute to the overall cultures and strategic direction of the charity.
Principal purpose of job:
- To lead the design, delivery and development of existing and new student engagement activity, specifically to broaden our reach
- To enhance the positive impact on and from engaged students, including elected Officer Team
- To lead the Engagement department to deliver high standards and achieve strategic targets
- Activities & Representation Manager
- Advice & Information Manager
- BCUSU Reception Manager, Research Coordinator
- Departmental budgets including Activities & Representation, Advice & Information, BCUSU Reception, Engagement Central.
Starting at £46,484 with potential increase to £52,151.
Full time contract – 35 hours per week.
Thursday 30th November, at 5pm.
Monday 11th December (in person only)
BCUSU is a positive employer, with strong staff engagement, supportive working environment and enhanced employee benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on Race, Age, Disability, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Reassignment, Religion or belief, Marriage and Civil Partnership or Pregnancy and Maternity or any other protected characteristic.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you in the application or interview process please contact us to discuss your needs.