Advice Service Manager
35 hours per week (flexibility required)
Based across Cambridge and Chelmsford campuses
Are you looking for the next step in your career in advice? We’re looking for an Advice Service Manager to lead our Advice Teams across our campuses in Chelmsford and Cambridge, and support the advisers on our London and Peterborough campuses.
Our Advice Service is free, confidential, and impartial and accredited with AQS (Advice Quality Standard). We advise, support and represent students on wellbeing and academic problems such as assessment offences, student disciplinary, grievances, complaints, mitigation and appeals. We provide advice and information in person, by email, video call and through our website.
In addition to providing advice to students during periods of high demand, you will also represent the Students’ Union on academic committees as required. As a member of the Union’s management team, you will be required to lead on the continued development of Students’ Union Advice, in line with strategic objectives, as well as producing regular reports relating to the service.
What will you be doing:
- Leading the Students’ Union Advice Service
- Providing feedback and influencing updates on regulations and policies
- Provide support and guidance for Advisers via casework review, mentoring and team meetings to ensure best practice
- Develop and enhance the service, in line with the Union strategy, to ensure it meets the needs of all registered ARU students
- Provide advice to students as needed, during periods of high service demand
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the academic regulations of the University and the rules, regulations and procedures for students and ensure that Advisers are fully briefed and aware of any amendments
- Manage the Advice Service budget as directed by your line manager within the finance procedures of the Union
What skills will help you:
- Ability to manage, mentor and develop a staff team across multiple sites
- High standards of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of producing reports and statistical data
- Experience of working in a Higher/Further Education setting
- Experience of serving on committees/working groups
- Experience of managing difficult situations
For a full job description, and to apply, please visit: Advice Service Manager (external applications only) | Working for ARU Students' Union powered by StaffSavvy (mystaffsavvy.com)
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th February 2024 at midnight.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 26th February 2024.