AboutWith over 14,000 members, 150 sports clubs and societies, 4 elected officers and 2 venues, there’s always something to talk about at the Union of Brunel Students. As a democratically student led, registered charity we are guided by our values and committed to improving the student experience at Brunel and having a positive impact on their lives through the diverse services, activities and opportunities we provide.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support Elected student leaders so as they make change, improve lives and fulfil potential, we help make it happen.
The Union of Brunel Students has a small but impactful staff team dedicated to serving the needs and interests of our members. Our size allows us to work closely together and make decisions quickly, while our passion for creating positive change means that every member of our team has an impact on helping us deliver our Vision to ensure that every student thrives at Brunel.
We are one of more than 600 students’ unions across the country. And with more than 15,000 members, 150 clubs and societies, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Union of Brunel Students team as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. The Union is committed to supporting all of our students and to help them to get the most out of their time at Brunel. Your role will be to help showcase the opportunities available and drive engagement to help as many students as possible benefit from the activities and campaigns that we deliver.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will play a key part in delivering communications to our student members – developing different strategies to effectively target our messages across our diverse membership base. You will be responsible for our website, ensuring the content is engaging, informative and user friendly. You will coordinate and action our regular communication pieces, taking a lead role in ensuring that the Union’s work is effectively communicated to our membership base. You will also help to oversee our social media channels, supporting with developing student focussed content, and suggesting ways we can utilise the channels available to drive participation.
This role will be based on campus and you will attend events and Union activity working to drive engagement and participation in everything we do!
Who you are:
We are looking for someone with at least one years’ experience in a paid or voluntary marketing role. You should be experienced at website management, great at writing engaging copy, and be passionate about trying different platforms and methods to achieve a marketing goal.
You will be energetic, happy to talk to anyone, and willing to get stuck in to all of our activity as you work to help us to connect with and support as many of our students as possible.
Because you’re excited by the challenge!
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a generous benefits package to reward our staff’s hard work and commitment:
- Pension Scheme – statutory workplace pension scheme ‘NEST’.
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days a year plus bank holidays. Additional days are given at Easter and Christmas in line with the University closure dates (usually about 5 additional days a year).
- Long service – 2 additional days leave will be given after 5 years continuous service
- TOTUM Card – All Union career staff are entitled to receive a TOTUM student discount card free of charge.
- Activ[email protected] – Free membership to our social sports programme.
- On-site parking – Parking on campus at a low-cost rate.
- Flexible Working – The Union adopts a flexible working environment.
- The opportunity for some homeworking
- Personal Development – The Union is fully committed to investing in your future. If you are interested in a training programme which you feel would benefit you within your current position you can submit a training request via your line manager.
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent sick pay
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity leave after a years’ service
Our Values are an important factor in The Union of Brunel Students as they drive our decisions.
- Driven by You
- Open to All
- Passionately positive
For more information on our values visit our website: www.brunelstudents.com and check out our strategic plan.