AboutWith over 14,000 members, 150 sports clubs and societies, 4 elected officers and 2 venues, there’s always something to talk about at the Union of Brunel Students. As a democratically student led, registered charity we are guided by our values and committed to improving the student experience at Brunel and having a positive impact on their lives through the diverse services, activities and opportunities we provide.
WHO ARE WE?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support Elected student leaders, so as they make change, improve lives and fulfil potential, we help make it happen. The Union of Brunel Students is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. And with more than 14,000 members, 150 clubs and societies, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Sports Administrator role is a crucial role within the department. You will organise all of our Team Brunel fixtures, facilities, transport, officials and liaise with other institutions to ensure that everything is in place for our Wednesday afternoon and weekend fixtures. You will also liaise with our club chairs to submit all of our entries into individual championships by the appropriate deadlines. The role is the first point of contact for all of our sports clubs, it is a busy, fast paced, administrative role, where you get to really focus on providing a great sporting experience for our members!
WHO YOU ARE
Someone energised and enthusiastic about higher education sport. You will appreciate the benefits that being part of a club can bring to the student experience, and will work hard to ensure that our Team Brunel clubs are equipped to provide great playing and training opportunities for their members. A great communicator both in person, online and on the phone, you will be super organised and efficient, and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment. A self-starter, you will be able to hit the ground running and really support our clubs in the delivery of their activity.
Because you’re excited by the challenge! The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a generous benefits package to reward our staff’s hard work and commitment:
· Pension Scheme – statutory workplace pension scheme ‘NEST’.
· Generous holiday allowance – 25 days a year plus bank holidays. Additional days are given at Easter and Christmas in line with the University closure dates (usually about 5 additional days a year).
· Long service – 2 additional days leave will be given after 5 years continuous service
· TOTUM Card – All Union career staff are entitled to receive a TOTUM student discount card free of charge.
· [email protected] – Free membership to our social sports programme.
· On-site parking – Parking on campus at a low-cost rate.
· Flexible Working – The Union adopts a flexible working environment.
· Personal Development – The Union is fully committed to investing in your future. If you are interested in a training programme which you feel would benefit you within your current position you can submit a training request via your line manager.
· Employee assistance programme
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday 21st August 2022
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 31st August 2022
Start date: To be discussed with successful applicant