AboutWe’re the Students’ Union for all students at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, no matter where or how they study. As an independent student-led charity, we work with the university to make sure students are being heard. We will speak up for students, stand up for their rights, and empower them to make the most of their time at university. Once enrolled, students are automatically a member of the union; there are no forms to fill in and no fees to pay.
Contract type: Full-time, open-ended
Responsible for career staff:
- Student Voice & Advocacy Co-ordinator (x2)
- Student Engagement Assistant: Lampeter
- Student Engagement Assistant: Carmarthen
- Student Engagement Assistant: Swansea
- Student Engagement Assistant: Satellite Campuses
- Location: This role is a cross-site role requiring travel across all UWTSD sites.
- Chief Executive
Management & Leadership
- i) Be a member of the Senior Management Team
- ii) To recruit, train, and performance-manage the Membership
- iii) Set an exemplary standard of management and leadership for the
- i) To manage the democratic functions of the students’ union,
ensuring that barriers to participation are removed
- ii) Act as Deputy Returning Officer for all students’ union elections
- iii) Support the relationship with the university through active
reporting on Course Reps and union activity relating to
- i) To ensure the highest standards of advice is provided to students
from the students’ union
- ii) Support the reporting of cases to the university and Board of
- iii) Provide enhanced wellbeing support for the Student Voice &
Advocacy Co-ordinators due to the nature of their roles
- i) Ensure that all policies and practices relating to Student
Opportunities are legal, supportive, and follow good practice
- ii) Manage the delivery of Sports clubs, Societies, and Volunteering
- iii) Lead Freshers Fairs and events like Challenge Cup
- i) To undertake research into un-engaged student populations and
give recommendations to enhance provision
- ii) Create and enact a Membership Engagement & Participation Plan
to support students to help more students engage with the
students’ union, reporting regularly to the Board of Trustees on
- iii) Be the designated member of staff responsible for delivery of
membership services for London, Birmingham, and Cardiff
About UWTSD Students’ Union.
We’re the Students’ Union for all those who study at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. As an independent and student-led charity, we work with the university to make sure students are being heard. We will speak up for them, stand up for their rights, and empower them to make the most of their time at university. We work across 6 campuses; Swansea, Carmarthen, Lampeter, Cardiff, Birmingham and London.
Representing Students: A network of student representatives work together to ensure that the student voice is being heard, across the university and at a national level.
Student Life & Community: University life is more than lectures. That’s why we help students run their own clubs, societies and interest groups. We want to help students meet new people and make new friends. Students can also help their community through our volunteering and RAG projects.
Advice & Support: We have dedicated staff members can help students with academic issues. We’re also here if students need advice; from housing to health to finance. We can help students find the support they need.
Events & Bars: We host a range of events throughout the year, including the official Welcome Weeks. We also run venues on Carmarthen & Lampeter campuses; perfect for students living on campus, or for those post-lecture chill outs.