AboutWe’re the Students’ Union for all students at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, no matter where or how they study. As an independent student-led charity, we work with the university to make sure students are being heard. We will speak up for students, stand up for their rights, and empower them to make the most of their time at university. Once enrolled, students are automatically a member of the union; there are no forms to fill in and no fees to pay.
Salary: £35,000 Per Annum
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Swansea, with some hybrid working on other Welsh sites and home working
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Student Opportunities Manager, Student Voice & Advocacy Manager
- To be the senior staff member responsible for leading the advice, voice, and student opportunities staff.
- To be the senior staff member leading engagement with students from the Birmingham, London, and Cardiff campuses.
- To support and empower our student leaders to achieve their objectives.
What We Offer
- A starting salary of £35,000 per annum
- Generous Annual Leave package (28 days, plus Bank Holidays, plus another 2 weeks off for Christmas)
- Professional Development Opportunities, with a free leadership and management qualification
- Supportive line management and a fun working environment.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme to help support your wellbeing
- Significant line management experience
- Exemplary stakeholder management
- Strong project management skills and expertise
- Advanced knowledge of managing risks
- Impressive volunteering management
- Have previous experience running events
- Be able to drive and hold a valid full UK driving license
- Be first-aid trained, or willing to be first-aid trained
- Be committed to social inclusion, diversity, and equity
- An understanding of how a Students’ Unions work
- Previous experience working in a Students’ Union
- Previous experience working with students
- Willing to drive our mini-bus
- It is highly desirable to be able to communicate in Welsh to a good standard
Application & Interview
- Applications Close: 5pm Monday 29 August
- Interviews: In September TBC
- Proposed Start Date: As soon as possible in October