About'We Make Students' Lives Better' Stirling Students’ Union is here to make life at Stirling University the best that it can be, from academic representation and support, to Clubs & Socs, Sports Union and award winning bars & facilities. Student representation is the core of what we are and putting our members at the heart of the decision making process is vital to ensure that student interests are championed. Through consultation and talking to our members, active campaigning and lobbying decision makers, we fight to improve student experience and opportunities whilst at University, after graduation and for those students still to come.
The University of Stirling Students’ Union is offering an exciting opportunity to join our staff team. We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic person to be the theme lead for our sustainability activity.
Key elements include delivery and development of sustainability practices in the students’ union, supporting elected student leaders and influencing university strategy.
Main duties will include:
- Take a hands-on approach to leading on development and implementation of innovative, quality and sector leading sustainability projects/programmes.
- Coordinating the Green & Blue retail operation, including arranging donations, stock management and team support.
- Identify good sector practice and implement in delivery.
- Coordinate service development and impact measurements.
- Research & develop multi-platform resources to provide information and guidance to students on key issues.
- Coach, motivate volunteers and team members.
- Identify and apply to external grants for advancement of sustainability activity.
- Inspire others to be passionate about sustainability and social justice.
- Keep up to date with, and feed into, key policy developments within the university related to sustainability practices.
- Work with union and university colleagues to promote sustainability activity.
The hours of work will be 35 per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (the post is permanent for 50 weeks per year).
This role is not eligible for sponsorship. Applicants require to have existing right to work in the UK.