AboutUCLan Students’ Union is a dynamic, fast paced, student-led organisation that represents all students at the University of Central Lancashire. We run a variety of services for students including sports, societies, campaigning, volunteering, representation, as well as a high profile Advice Centre. All our staff have have bags of ambition, drive and the determination to get things done. But more than anything, they have the energy and desire to go that extra mile to help us make student life better. Based in Preston, Lancashire at one of the central points of the UK - making travel easy and assessable.
Before you take a closer look at the job description and person specification, we wanted to tell you a bit about ourselves, so you can get an idea of what it might be like to work with us.
- We are a flexible employer, with a commitment to equality and diversity. We are always happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process, when you start, or once in the role.
- Excellent benefits- aside from great job satisfaction and a rewarding role, you are also entitled to generous holidays (30 days per year!) plus bank holidays.
- Investment in you and your development- we care about the development and progression of our employees. You will be given lots of training and opportunities to learn and push yourself.
- Run by students, for students- Students’ Unions are unique organisations in that they are completely student-led. This means there are always new and exciting ideas as well as opportunities to be creative. We are flexible and adaptable, which offers a great opportunity for you to make your mark.
- Our values are one of our biggest selling points of why to work for us. Our mission is to make life better for students so if you are interested in having a career in helping others, this could be the place for you.
For more information about the role please read the person specification and job description on the Students’ Union website uclansu.co.uk/careers/staff
Please note the application details below before sending you CV
Applications close: Monday 9th August 9am
Interviews: Monday 16th August
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV with an accompanying cover letter. Alongside your application we ask that you also complete a copy of the Diversity Monitoring Form, please note due to need of anonymising we kindly ask that you don’t send your documents as PDF’s as we will be unable to accept your application.