AboutThe University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of delivering ‘a Positive Impact with every Portsmouth student’. As a charity led by our values and guided by our students, we do this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 24,000 students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.5M per annum, employing approximately 60 staff. The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
- The post-holder will be at the heart of collating and analysing data and presenting research to support the Union’s work.
- They will help facilitate the student voice and enable the Union to honestly and accurately represent the student body.
- They will also help develop our understanding of who our students are through maintaining our student data set and single source of truth.
- The post-holder will develop critical partnerships and ensure that our data is considered a trusted authority with stakeholders.
The post-holder will have experience of undertaking research projects and have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. They will be highly competent in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research techniques and have the ability to present research findings and outcomes as well as make recommendations to a variety of stakeholders including students, academic staff and external partners. They will be a strong communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to work with a wide range of audiences.
What We Offer
- Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
- Regular training opportunities and team development days
- 30 days annual leave + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
- Flexi-time and 35 hour week
- Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
- Free TOTUM (NUS) discount card
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Fiona Cook, on [email protected] or 02392843672.
Closing date for applications: 9am, 6th November 2019
Interviews will be held on date: 13th November 2019