AboutPart political, part business and part charity – NUS (National Union of Students) is a third sector membership organisation with a twist! Our Vision is of NUS as a pioneering, innovative and powerful campaigning organisation: the definitive national voice of students. We will fight barriers to education, empower students to shape both a quality learning experience and the world around them, supporting influential, democratic and well-resourced students’ unions. Our professional team of over 220 creative NUS colleagues work together every day to support elected student leaders - as they make change in the world and improve the lives of students - we help make it happen!
Lead Adviser-public affairs and communications (NUS Wales)
Fixed-term post until December 2019
We are open to exploring this role being undertaken as an external secondment opportunity.
What’s the job?
NUS Wales is the voice of students in our nation. Join us in making sure students are heard loud and clear. Based at our office in Cardiff, you will manage and deliver public affairs, events and communications in order to influence decision makers and build relationships with key stakeholders that affect students in Wales. You will work with all our member students’ unions in Wales to support them in our work together as a student movement.
Who you are
· You have a great understanding of Wales’ devolved political system.
· You’re totally at home managing media queries, working with decision makers and influencers, and managing relationships with suppliers.
· You have knowledge in the post-compulsory education sector (e.g. Universities, colleges, apprenticeship providers) and the current policies and practices in Wales.
· You’re comfortable writing multi-channel content and possess skills in digital and social media, both content styles and delivery.
· Developed skills in project management (e.g. events, campaigns, etc.)
· Skills in writing speeches and blogs on behalf of others.