AboutWe are the Students’ Union at the University of East Anglia and we’re the heart of student life at UEA. We’re about Students - Transforming. We are students learning and developing through opportunities to do things. We are a Union, run by students, and we change every year as students change. We are about changing your course, your community and your world.
About the Role:
In this role you will oversee the Students of Colour Ambassador Scheme where you will empower and train students. You will be building networks and managing relationships within the wider UEA community and pushing forward our Anti-racist agenda.
You will also support the wider team and other departments by feeding into the liberation month plans, creating new ideas and supporting management on sustainable practices which better our organisation. You do not need a Students’ Union or HE background to apply for this role.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
Liberation, Equality and Diversity
- To support elected student leaders in ensuring uea(su) creates a supportive,representative and welcoming environment for Black students and students of colour at UEA.
- To oversee activities which regularly capture the views and experiences of Black and students of colour at UEA. This could include surveys, focus groups, regular meetings, attending cultural society meetings or any other related activity.
- To oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing support of the Students of Colour Ambassadors, acting as the key point of contact for the Ambassadors and the academic leads supporting their work within each school
Student Engagement and Leadership
- To contribute to the training and development of student leaders
- To provide Officer support for relevant democratic structures, campaigns and projects, including attending and supporting relevant meetings and committees
- To ensure that student leaders receive appropriate support when dealing with institutional issues and preparing for university meetings