AboutWelcome to the University of Northampton Students' Union! We are a registered charity, completely independent from the University. Led by students, backed by volunteers and staff, we seek to ensure that our members' time at the University is the best it can possibly be – that it is rewarding, fulfilling and memorable. Our members have access to all of our services and opportunities, including sports, societies, volunteering, advice and representation, our catering and retail outlets, as well as our nightclub. We have recently relocated our charitable services to the new Waterside Campus, and opened our town centre nightclub, conferencing centre and cafe, called The Platform.
We are a registered charity, completely independent from the University. Led by students, underpinned by volunteers and staff, we seek to ensure that your time at the University is the best it can possibly be – that it is rewarding, fulfilling and memorable. All students automatically become members of the Students’ Union – a vibrant, diverse, global community.
As a member, you are entitled to all of our services and opportunities, including sports, societies, volunteering, welfare, advice and support, and representation, our retail outlets and our nightclub. Whatever your passion or interest, time commitment or background, it couldn’t be easier to get involved in an activity at the Students’ Union – we have something for everybody.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of post-holder
1. To work with the Advice Service Manager to develop the Union’s Advice Service, ensuring a high quality, impartial advocacy and support service is delivered for all students.
2. To maintain an outstanding level of understanding of the University’s policies and procedures, allowing high quality advice and support to be given to students on all matters regarding relevant policy.
3. To work with the Advice Service Manager to further develop the policies of the advice service to improve our service to our members.
4. To keep detailed logs of all case interactions in our CRM system, allowing smooth transition of cases between advisors if required, ensuring all relevant materials are archived appropriately to ensure a clear audit trail is maintained.
5. Contribute to the Advice Service’s annual impact report, allowing the SU to celebrate the engagement levels and impact of our Advice Service.
6. Work with the Advice Service Manager to ensure that our advice online is correct, and easily navigable for our members.
7. Ensure that the Advice Service’s operating procedures and standards are being delivered to a high standard.
8. To encourage appropriate feedback from service users to ensure that the Advice service meets the needs of our diverse stakeholder groups.
9. Work with the Advice Service Manager to ensure adequate health & safety procedures, are in place for the Advice service.