AboutAbout us We are an independent charity that exists to represent the needs and views of all 37,000 plus students at Manchester Metropolitan University. There has been a Students’ Union for what we now call Manchester Metropolitan University since the 1920s. Over the last one hundred years, the role of The Union and the part it plays in student education and wellbeing has grown and developed into the organisation we are today. Students are at the heart of what we do.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to work with our Front of House Manager to successfully run all areas of reception services and liaise with University Estates / Facilities at the Manchester Site and to offer a welcoming environment for all visitors.
· Committed to developing and maintaining the highest standards of customer care, you will keep have responsibility for the operational activities of the Students Union Reception, meeting rooms and breakout areas at The Union’s Manchester Site.
· You’ll play a key role in the provision of excellent customer service to students, staff and other visitors, supervising the student staff team and liaising with the University Estates and Facilities departments in relation to building maintenance, cleaning and IT issues.
Who you are
· With experience of front of house supervision including the supervision of staff in a busy environment, you will be practical, organised and methodical with good administration and trouble shooting skills.
· Focused on the customer experience, you have a flexible approach to work and are happy to work around operational and customer demand.
· You will also put your professional and courteous manner and excellent interpersonal skills to great use in building relationships and working effectively with people at all levels.