AboutAbout us We are an independent charity that exists to represent the needs and views of all 37,000 plus students at Manchester Metropolitan University. There has been a Students’ Union for what we now call Manchester Metropolitan University since the 1920s. Over the last one hundred years, the role of The Union and the part it plays in student education and wellbeing has grown and developed into the organisation we are today. Students are at the heart of what we do.
Who are we?
Located in the heart of Manchester, The Union is part business, part charity, part membership body. Operating independently from Manchester Metropolitan University, our aim is to support and represent each one of our student members. Our staff, work alongside elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and help fulfil student potential.
Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of 550 students’ unions across the country. And we’re one of the most exciting – with over 36,000 student members and 100 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy.
What’s the job?
· You will assist the Retail Manager in the management and development of The Union Shop and deputise in their absence.
· You will be responsible for achieving sales and other targets and for the management of shop staff.
· You will be responsible for promoting high standards of customer service.
Who you are:
· Someone with experience gained in a similar role with a focus on customer service and sales floor management,
· Commercially aware and up to date with current trends with
· Good numerical and analytical skills