AboutAbout us We are an independent charity that exists to represent the needs and views of all 37,000 plus students at Manchester Metropolitan University. There has been a Students’ Union for what we now call Manchester Metropolitan University since the 1920s. Over the last one hundred years, the role of The Union and the part it plays in student education and wellbeing has grown and developed into the organisation we are today. Students are at the heart of what we do.
- Would you like the opportunity to take up a new part time administrative role at The Union, Manchester Met?
- Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll assist the Retail Manager in undertaking administrative duties contributing to the efficient running of retail operations.
- Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
- We are looking for someone to support our Retail Manager with general administration and to contribute to the preparation and provision of regular management information.
- With experience of administrative duties and cash handling in a similar environment, you’ll process delivery notes, invoices and purchase orders, update stock systems and assist in audits.
- You will administer the shop’s online sales platform, support banking processes and assist in opening and closing shop tills.
Who you are
- Independent and self-reliant, you will be able to work without close supervision and manage your working time effectively.
- You will have a good level of computer skills, excellent attention to detail and be confident working with figures and financial information.
- Being customer-orientated; you will have a professional and courteous manner.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills, enable you to build relationships and work effectively with people at all levels.