AboutAbout us We are an independent charity that exists to represent the needs and views of all 37,000 plus students at Manchester Metropolitan University. There has been a Students’ Union for what we now call Manchester Metropolitan University since the 1920s. Over the last one hundred years, the role of The Union and the part it plays in student education and wellbeing has grown and developed into the organisation we are today. Students are at the heart of what we do.
Are you excited by the opportunity to create amazing content that engages and celebrates our 38,000 strong community of students at Manchester Met? Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll help to create and share content and communications that represent and reflect a wide range of student voices. Who are we? Located in the heart of Manchester, The Union is part business, part charity, part membership body. Operating independently from Manchester Metropolitan University, our aim is to support and represent each one of our student members. Each year our growing team of over 70 full time and up to 150 part time staff, work alongside elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and help fulfil student potential. Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of 550 students’ unions across the country. And we’re one of the most exciting - with over 38,000 student members and 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy.
What’s the job?
Working with our Marketing and Communications team to deliver a range of communications, including an annual calendar of creative, targeted content mapped to the student lifecycle.
- You will keep up to date with what is happening across The Union and write regular articles highlighting our and students’ impact, success stories and achievements.
- You’ll play a key role in building relationships and collaborating with university teams and departments and other stakeholders/influencers in order to grow our network, raise awareness and drive engagement.
What are we looking for?
- Awesome skills in creating content for blogs, videos, social media, email, web and print. You will be able to come up with ideas for stories and then execute them effectively.
- Excellent proof reading skills and an eye for detail when working on press releases and written content.
- Someone who can build relationships and work successfully with people at all levels. With excellent interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders with different needs.