AboutSt Mary’s Students’ Union (SMSU) is an independent not for profit organisation (charity no: 1150328) run by students, for students. We provide representation for St Mary’s students on a university wide, local, regional and national level. We also provide recreational and developmental activities for students such as Sports Clubs and Societies and coordinate all of the major events on campus throughout the academic year. In addition to this, we provide services to students such as the SU Shop, The Jam Radio, NUS Extra Cards and the validation student Oyster cards.
SMSU requires an Events Coordinator to manage and develop all major student events and social activities at St Mary’s University. The role will work closely with the SMSU staff team and Sabbatical Officers, and other key stakeholders (such as Health and Safety and Security) to coordinate and promote events and student-led activities from initial brief to delivery.
Main Duties include:
- Develop, manage and evaluate all of the Union’s major events
- Work with the Marketing and income coordinator to source external companies who want to advertise with the Union. Make income-generating sales to and manage relationships with these companies
- Work alongside officers, student groups and staff to help organise and run student related events and activities
- Ensure that all major events comply with health and safety and licensing regulations.
- Liaise with colleagues and external suppliers in advance of events, ensuring event briefs and running times are communicated effectively
- Find new opportunities to expand the St Mary’s University student events portfolio by collaborating with external promoters and venues
- Provide excellent customer service in dealings with students, officers, colleagues and members of the public
The University is committed to being an inclusive employer and will consider hybrid / flexible / part-time / job share working arrangements.
For further information about this role, and details on how to apply, visit our recruitment site linked below: