AboutWe have had notable success recently both in engaging with our students and in supporting the universities ambitions, all whilst going through considerable change. The challenge is to now maintain the direction of travel and identify how to make the step change in the demonstrable impact that we have. Finally, we have to recognise the challenges that we currently face as an organisation to ensure this change is sustainable and that the organisation is well managed. In order to continue to deliver and ensure we make a real impact on the student experience we have to focus on being a strong and stable organisation.
To empower and support our Student Media groups to develop, deliver and evaluate media production and content at the University of Westminster Students’ Union.
Our student media group ‘Smoke Media’ provides a wide-range of opportunities for students to engage in; Smoke TV, Smoke Radio, Smoke Magazine and the newspaper The QH all provide the chance for co-curricular activity, to be part of communities and develop their skills in their respective fields and encourage networking opportunities to the industry. This post will seek to coach and mentor student leaders to thrive in their volunteer roles.
Summary of Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Supporting implementation of operational plans within student opportunities that contribute to the Union’s overall strategy;
· Managing & developing key long-term relationships within the University and national affiliating bodies.
· Helping student groups implement development plans that ensure high quality content and growth of participation / involvement year on year;
· Provide high-quality induction, training, communication and support for the Smoke Media committees. Provide opportunities for students to gain extra skills and develop their expertise in their respective fields.
· To empower and encourage our student volunteers to enter national awards – NaSTA, SRA & SPA and celebrate success and achievements.
· To lead and work collaboratively with the University in the design and delivery of the £20k Student Media Hub Project
Closing date: 19th of August 2018
Interviews will be held: Wed 22nd August –Fri 24th August