AboutLeeds Beckett Students’ Union began life in 1970 as Leeds Polytechnic Students’ Union. We’ve grown a bit since then and changed our name but our purpose remains the same: to ensure all students at Leeds Beckett University have a voice, get the most out of their time at University and fulfil their potential. Our Purpose: We exist to support an excellent student experience at Leeds Beckett University. We do this through providing and supporting course reps, volunteering opportunities, societies, events and entertainments; campaigning with and on behalf of students; offering support, employability skills, advice and information. Our Vision: To make students’ lives better.
Leeds Beckett Students’ Union is a charity that exists to make our students’ lives better. It is an exciting time for the Students’ Union as we are in the process of relocating to our new home at city campus, with a brand-new Welcome space.
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator (Customer Service) whose role will be an integral part of the Students’ Union and will co-ordinate the Welcome point and be the first point of call to welcoming students to the Union. Possessing the right skills and experience, is of course, important but we are also looking for a can-do attitude, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive contribution to our organisation.
The main aspects of the role will be to deliver excellent customer service on a range of functions as well as coordinating student room bookings and external speaker requests, taking minutes of meetings, providing general and specific administrative support to the wider SU team, the Union’s Leadership Team, Operations and HR Manager and the Operations Team.
Some key tasks and responsibilities for the Operations Coordinator (Customer Service) role include:
- To co-ordinate and support the Student Staff Welcome team to provide a first-class customer service, both digitally and in person, providing cover when appropriate.
- To coordinate room and space bookings (for students and staff).
- To administer external speaker requests (for students and staff)
- To assist Student groups with event health and safety, including risk assessments.
- To support the delivery of the Student Safety Taxi Scheme, in accordance with agreed protocols.
- To coordinate the Union’s Welfare materials provision, ensuring that stock levels are maintained and are sufficient across campuses.
- To work closely with the Finance team in allocated tasks, ensuring that all documentation is accurate and received in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for sales via the welcome point.
- To be responsible for making sure that the office supplies (such as stationery, staff facilities and printing facilities) are kept to an optimum level.
- Upkeep of the Union’s Welcome point and communal areas.
- Work with the Operations Team to provide a secretarial service to the Students Union, including Board of Trustees and its sub Committees, Health and Safety group, Executive Meetings, and any other relevant groups and forums as determined by the Operations and HR Manager
- To administer the Union’s front of house mailbox, as set out in the Union’s customer service level agreement.
- All other Administration duties as directed by the Operations and HR Manager, commensurate with the Grade.
- To actively participate as a member of the Operations team, contributing to a professional team approach and be proactive in supporting team members and the wider Students’ Union staffing team.
To uphold the core values of the Students’ Union and be an ambassador for the Students’ Union.
To view the job description and person specification, please visit our jobs site at lbsu.mystaffsavvy.com/apply.