AboutLeeds Beckett Students’ Union began life in 1970 as Leeds Polytechnic Students’ Union. We’ve grown a bit since then and changed our name but our purpose remains the same: to ensure all students at Leeds Beckett University have a voice, get the most out of their time at University and fulfil their potential. Our Purpose: We exist to support an excellent student experience at Leeds Beckett University. We do this through providing and supporting course reps, volunteering opportunities, societies, events and entertainments; campaigning with and on behalf of students; offering support, employability skills, advice and information. Our Vision: To make students’ lives better.
We are looking for a Governance & Executive Support Coordinator to join our LBSU team. You will join a friendly, supportive team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and busy professional environment. You will be a friendly, proactive, and self-motivated individual, who is not fazed by constantly changing priorities and demands; you will have administrative experience, excellent communication, IT and people skills, as well as strong organisational skills.
The role is varied and includes provision of operational support to the Union’s Leadership team ensuring that they are supported in their day-to-day roles and on projects and tasks related to their roles. You will also provide administrative support, alongside the Ops & HR Manager, to the Governance cycle and Board of Trustees. You will also provide secretarial support to the leadership team and Board of Trustees.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Provide professional and confidential executive and administrative support to the Leadership team, including organising and planning a busy and varied daily workflow, scheduling meetings, assessing the priority of appointments and effective reallocation where appropriate.
- To assist and support the Officer team on the delivery of campaigns and projects.
- Provide administration and secretarial support to the Union’s Board of Trustees and its committees, including drafting and distributing agendas and papers; taking accurate minutes; booking rooms and refreshments; making travel arrangements for external members.
- To provide administration and secretarial support to key meetings of the Students’ Union Leadership team.
- Support the Leadership and Ops & HR teams in the preparation of reports, presentations, and papers.
- Assist the Senior Management Team with the delivery of the Officer Induction and training programmes.
- To assist and support the delivery of the key democratic and governance meetings, including the annual general meeting.
- To support Officers to main effective relationships with other stakeholders within the University and beyond, in order to maintain joined up working and provide excellent service to members
- To support the SU President to administer the Officer budget, including preparation of financial documents
Any other reasonable duties and tasks required by the Students’ Union, commensurate with the grade.
- To actively participate as a member of the Operations team, contributing to a professional team approach and be proactive in supporting team members and the wider Students’ Union staffing team.
- To uphold the core values of the Students’ Union and be an ambassador for the Students’ Union.