AboutAt Hertfordshire Students' Union, We Put’s Students’ First. Everything we do seeks to benefit every single student regardless of where they come from and what they are here for. There has never been a more exciting time to work for Hertfordshire Students’ Union as we redouble our efforts to transform lives. Over the next twelve months, we will be focusing on: • Representation and Campaigns • Support • Community • Communications Come and be a part of our journey! Hertfordshire Students' Union offers an excellent annual leave scheme starting at 25 days + bank holidays and University close days; generous pension scheme, extensive training and development and time off in lieu for extra hour
Become a key part of the Hertfordshire Students’ Union family (HSU). Hertfordshire Students’ Union is a dynamic and vibrant union that is student-led. HSU runs and offers a variety of services to over 24,000 students at the University such as societies, campaigning, representation and we also have a busy Advice and Support Centre and nightclub situated in The Forum. The Forum has been open since 2009 and is currently closed for redevelopment. When the venue reopens, it will be an 1100-person, self-contained nightclub space, spread over two floors and will continue to be an integral part of the student experience at Herts. We're looking for a highly motivated individual to manage and support the representation and research functions within Hertfordshire Students' Union, to ensure we continue to improve student experience at the University of Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire Students' Union is committed to diversity and inclusion amongst its staff, reflecting the communities it serves. We welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds, as they are underrepresented within the Union’s professional staff team. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Student Representation, Student Voice and Governance
- Manage the development and delivery of a programme of student representation at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Manage the development and delivery of research work within Hertfordshire Students’ Union, furthering institution and sector reputation.
- Ensure that the representative work undertaken within the Students’ Union achieves and demonstrates both outcomes and impact.
- Lead the Union’s work in representing less engaged students such as, Schools of Health and Social work and Education, BAME, Mature.
- Support Elected Officers for major University Committees by reading, summarising and reporting on committee papers, advising Elected Officers as necessary.
- Support Elected Officers and Student Networks in developing local and national campaigning activity, including Elected Officer Priority Campaigns.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with University staff to ensure the effective running of student representation at UH.
- Support the work of the Student Voice Team to ensure that Student Reps are elected, trained and well supported throughout the year.
- Support the on-going development of School Community Organisers and Network Representatives in conjunction with other staff and Elected Officers.
- Work with Marketing to ensure consistency and constancy of our promotion of our Elected Officers, the Union and our achievements. Support the Officer team on the delivery of school-based feedback initiatives.
- Support the delivery of the Union Elections.
- Support the provision of high-quality student governance and accountability through Student Council and its sub-committees.
- Maintain the Union’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, Bye-Laws and policies, ensuring these are up-to-date and consistent at all times, and published in an easily accessible format to members.