AboutThis is an exciting time to be joining Chester Students’ Union. We have had a recent refocus on our charitable objectives, ensuring strong delivery of the core elements of a Students’ Union ensuring effective representation, independent advice and a diverse range of social opportunities. The organisation is energised in becoming the best it can be for over 12,000 students at multiple sites across Chester, Shrewsbury and Warrington. We have recently launched a new website that will support our work on driving engagement as well as further resourcing our democracy and research work to ensure that everything we do is evidenced based and relevant to the needs of our members.
Our new Democracy & Campaigns Co-ordinator will provide valuable support for campaigns with and for students and supporting elected officers in enacting their priorities. The role will co-ordinate our democratic structures including day to day support for the Elected Officers, Elections and Students’ Council support as well as a range of activties to widen our engagement.
- Develop and support democracy within the Student Union including day to day support for elected officers including the Student Council
- Support elected officers including Student Council and liberation representatives to deliver campaigns with clear deliverable outcomes
- Ensure we facilitate liberation activity contributing to us diversifying our engagement and running activity relevant to marginalised groups
- Support well run campaigns led by student leaders and volunteers
- Coordinate our annual Green Impact accreditation
- Place of work: Exton Park(Parkgate Road) , Chester with an expectation of travel to other sites as required.
- Hours: 37 hours per week
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that was recently shortlisted for ‘Students’ Union of the Year’ in the Educate North Awards. We are also finalising work on our ambitious new strategic plan which will ensure that our members ‘love their student life.’
Chester Students’ Union is an independent, membership charity that runs in addition to an advice service, a range of social opportunities through student led societies and activities throughout the year and a representation system that ensures the student voice is amplified.
For more information please click apply and download the job pack, or contact [email protected] to arrange an informal chat with Matt Webber, Chief Executive.