AboutThe University of Derby Students' Union is a company limited by guarantee (trading as the Union of Students, University of Derby), registered in England and Wales, and a registered Charity (1169283). We are a democratic, membership-led organisation. We provide services and support to our members, the students at the University of Derby, which enable them to develop their skills for future careers, provide a source of fun and enjoyment, offer opportunities to meet new people and become active citizens through volunteering. We also provide a broad range of commercial service which include bar and kitchen venues, coffee shops and several retail outlets.
Purpose of Role:
To lead the delivery of the Peer Assisted Learning Scheme for the Union of Students. To supervise all Peer Assisted Learning Leaders alongside the Peer Assisted Learning Assistant and be the first point of contact for the scheme.
Some examples of the requirements for this role:
· To recruit a team of Peer Assisted Learning Leaders who will be responsible for supporting students across their subject area(s).
· To organise and lead the training and development of all Peer Assisted Learning Leaders across the University ensuring the development of tangible transferable skills.
· To ensure that Peer Assisted Learning Leaders are clear on the boundaries of their role and actively signpost students to the correct sources of support.
· To monitor and develop the skills of Peer Assisted Learning Leaders, maintaining regular communication throughout the academic calendar.
· Provide an engaging peer network for Peer Assisted Learning Leaders, supported by regular communication and interaction.
· To develop effective, mentor relationships with Peer Assisted Learning Leaders across the institution.
· To maintain effective relationships with Academic Liaisons and support students in working with them.
· To help develop a comprehensive structure of positive and productive relationships with university staff (including those in colleges and relevant support services) to fully support the scheme
· To directly supervise Peer Assisted Learning Leaders under the management of the Student Voice & Development Manager.
· Work closely with the other Coordinators in the Student Voice team to ensure Peer Assisted Learning and Student Representation complement each other.