AboutWe exist to represent approximately 20,000 students at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU). We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. Our activities are managed and supported by 34 professional staff members and 55 part-time student staff who work for us alongside their studies. We have a turnover of approximately £2 million per annum and our activities are spread across campuses in Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough. In addition to our core purpose of being the legitimate representative body for students at ARU, we provide a range of services; academic and welfare advice, support to students running societies and volunteering opportunities in and around the campuses.
Student Opportunities Assistant Manager
35 hours per week (flexibility required)
£27,062 per annum
Cross campus (Cambridge and Chelmsford)
Based within a team that have the student experience at heart, the Student Opportunities Assistant Manager will assist with leading a team focused on the development of student-facing services and opportunities to enhance the student experience at ARU and to create a sense of community on campus.
What you will be doing
- Assisting in line managing the Student Opportunities team
- Supporting the delivery of Fresher’s activities, including Welcome events and activities
- Training and supporting student volunteers
- Leading the recruitment and training of student staff
- Identifying and establishing sources of external funding
- Ensuring events and activities meet health and safety standards, including assessment of risk
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers
- Knowledge of providing comprehensive support with ideas, projects and the resolution of issues
- Ability to deliver effective training workshops in relevant skills
- Experience and understanding of customer service
Skills that will help you
- Patience, enthusiasm, ability to motivate others
- Ability to present in front of large groups
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Time management and prioritising skills
- Commitment to working in a democratic environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and working hours
Where will you be working
This role is a cross campus role. You will be choose a home campus (either Chelmsford or Cambridge) and will be required to make regular visits to the other campus as required.
Why work for us?
- We offer generous holiday entitlement (starting at 38 days per year, including Christmas closure and bank holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Discount schemes
About ARU Students’ Union (ARUSU)
ARUSU represents approximately 25,000 students at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) across campuses in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Peterborough and London. In addition, we provide a range of services; academic and welfare advice, support to students running societies and volunteering opportunities in and around the campuses. Whilst we play an important student representative role that sometimes sees us challenge the University, we work closely with them and support areas of delivery within their strategy.
Applicants will be asked to complete an online form to apply for this role. If you require the form in an alternative format for accessibility reasons, please email [email protected].
Link to our website for full details and to apply: https://www.angliastudent.com/jobs/vacancy/447/
The closing date for this position is: Sunday 14th August at midnight.
Interviews will be held on Monday 22nd August in Cambridge