AboutCambridge Students' Union (Cambridge SU) is the university-wide representative body of all 24,000+ students within the University of Cambridge and its Colleges. The aims of the Students’ Union are to support and advance the educational, social and cultural experience of its members, alongside supporting the welfare of its members, promoting equal opportunities within the University, and encouraging equal access to Cambridge for applicants, both through schemes aimed at those from non-traditional backgrounds and our representational work in the University. Cambridge SU is a registered charity; it is a federal body made up of individual College student unions (known as JCRs and MCRs).
The Communications & Design Coordinator is responsible for delivering high-quality designs and content across a range of social media and digital touchpoints, all with the aim of motivating students to follow calls to action. These calls could be voting in elections, attending our events or signposting to our support services or partners’ offers. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of design software (i.e. Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and be able to produce high quality, captivating imagery and content ‘from scratch’, based off a predefined brief. As well as graphic design, the post holder will also support the Communications and Marketing team with confident photography and video editing, using appropriate software (e.g Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or iMovie).
- Marketing and Communications Team
- Sabbatical Officers
- Senior Management Team
- Cambridge SU’s partner for sale of advertising services
- University and College marketing teams
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Communications & Marketing Manager for all communication activities and overall success of the team
Design work (graphic design); creating digital assets for SU campaigns and projects.
- Preparing projects for print production e.g. signage, posters, flyers, clothing etc.
- Provide design and communications support and guidance to the wider organisation, identifying opportunities for developing content and promoting the activities of the SU.
- Staying abreast of current industry and design related trends.
- Produce branded content that adheres to Cambridge SU’s style, feel and tone of voice.
- Taking the lead on photography, videography and editing needs.
- To develop and deliver targets outlined in the team’s strategic plan.
- To contribute and assist in the SU’s planning processes and the review of its performances and systems.
- To attend meetings, training events and conferences where necessary.
- Be an ambassador and portray the Students’ Union in a positive, proactive and professional manner.
- To be involved in and support large-scale SU projects such as Elections and Fresher’s Fair, which brings the full SU team together.
- To provide cover, where appropriate, for fellow team members during holidays, sickness etc.
- Build meaningful relationships with relevant stakeholders at Cambridge University, it’s colleges, and across the wider sector.