AboutWe are an independent charity based at the University of Bath. We help students shape their experience so they get the most out of their time at university. We’re led by students in all that we do because we believe that makes for the best experience possible. We offer five key services: • Voice – helping students stand up, speak up and make their voice heard. • Experiences - making friends and memories that last a lifetime. • Groups - broadening horizons with our community of students. • Support – providing advice and support on student life. • Development - developing the skills students need to unlock their future. We employ more than 50 career staff and hundreds of student workers.
In this role you will have the chance to lead innovative strategies across the SU that ensure the views of our diverse community are effectively represented and used to deliver change and build communities
Working within the Voice team of the Students’ Union, you will work closely with student representatives and officers to champion the diverse voices of our student community, with an aim to positively impact the student experience for students from all backgrounds – making the University a more inclusive place. You will:
* be responsible for developing, managing and delivering innovative strategies across the SU to ensure that the views of our diverse community are effectively represented and used to deliver change and build communities,
* deliver a range of effective engagement activities designed to help us be the experts on student opinion,
* provide a range of support and advice to empower and inform students, representatives, officers, and staff,
* deliver change through representational and campaigning activities,
* oversee a number of political activities including developing messaging, setting out campaigning priorities, and planning a campaign that will deliver manifesto aims,
* support the development and delivery of priority and emerging issues,
* support and empower our student communities to run campaigns,
* lead and take action on issues that students care most about.
You have an excellent understanding of how to navigate sensitive [political] issues and an awareness of national and local policies that affect both issues and process.
You demonstrate a passion and creativity in relation to representing groups of individuals and engagement,
You have a keen interest in politics and enjoy campaigning to ensure voices are heard.
You use your knowledge of the principles of equality diversity and inclusion along with your excellent people skills to deliver change-making campaigns that positively impact experiences for individuals from all backgrounds.
Your experience/background/previous roles may include:
Campaign Manager, Marketing Manager, Campaign Coordinator, Political Campaigns Officer, Marketing Executive
Life in the Students’ Union is busy, and exciting, you’ll be surrounded by a team of committed and ambitious people. We’re a positive, welcoming, inclusive bunch, and know how to have fun. More than ‘just a job’, this is a chance to shape our organisation and the lives of the students we represent. As a charity, we offer a generous package including substantial holiday entitlement.
This is a full-time role which offers hybrid working; the chance to work both in the office and at home.