AboutAberSU represents the interests of 8000 students at Aberystwyth University. We want Aber students to love student life and be ready for anything, and work to ensure that they have an epic student journey, are happy, healthy and empowered, with lasting friendships and promising futures.
We are looking for a lively and passionate individual to join our vibrant and fun Students’ Union to ensure that the Students’ Union is supporting and empowering student academic representatives to have a strong voice that shapes their educational Experience.
If you can support and enable student representation, in particular through the course level representation scheme and be active outreach member of staff that is proactive in going out to talk to students about their experiences and views then we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting time to join a fun and ambitious Students Union and to become part of our friendly AberSU family. We work to ensure that Aber students love student life have had a number of organisational achievements over the last 2 years including:
- Last year 42% of students were in a Students’ Union Club or Society
- Achieved Leading Employer status with Chwarae Teg and Diversity Champion award winner 2020
- 2018 NUS Wales Student Opportunities award winner
- 2018 NUS People Award winner
- Completion of NUS Quality Students’ Unions in 2019 with excellent and very good outcomes
- We are signed up to the Mindful Employment Charter and the Halo Hair code
We offer flexible working, generous leave entitlement, an independent employee assistance programme and encourage staff wellbeing by enabling staff to use 2 hours a week of work time for wellbeing activity.